I mentioned in an earlier blog that Rihanna's young fan Jasmina Amena died from Leukemia. Artists like Rihanna, Kelly Rowland and Lil Mama used their celebrity to help in her efforts to get a donor. Today both Rihanna and American president Barack Obama (who met her recently) have issued statements about her death.


Photo source

Rihanna

"I am incredibly heartbroken that Jasmina has passed away. She was such a brave
and special child. She showed more strength and spirit than many adults I have
met. I feel blessed that I was able to have her in my life, and know that
through her example she has saved many lives. She was truly an angel on
earth."



President Obama,:
“Jasmina showed tremendous bravery in the face of adversity, and her ability
to stay positive throughout her battle was an inspiration to me and to all those
she touched,” Obama remarked. “As the parents of two young girls, our hearts
particularly go out to Jasmina’s devoted mother Thea. Our thoughts and prayers
are with her and with all who knew and loved Jasmina.”


Photo source

Jasmina, who was adopted from Africa at birth, passed away at10:55 PM Tuesday night at NYU Langone Medical Center, her mother, Thea Anema, was by her side.

Bookmark and Share
0 comments
Related Posts with Thumbnails