Here's R&B/Pop singer Keisha Chante.....
Photo source

She is to play Aaliyah in the upcoming Bill Condon directed Aaliyah.


Aaliyah Dana Haughton was born Jan. 16 1979 in Brooklyn NY. She was known for her street but sweet look. She was a protege of R.. Kelly and mentored by Missy Elliott and Timberand as well. Some of my favorite Aaliyah songs include, "Age Ain't Nothing But A Number," "Back and Forth," "At Your Best," "If Your Girl Only Knew," "One In A Million" ( love the dance scene at the end) "4 Page Letter" "The One I Gave My Heart To", "Rock The Boat" We Need A Resolution"....basically all her hits....Love you girl!

she died on August 25th 2001 in a plane crash on Marsh Harbor, Abaco Island in the Bahamas. She had just wrapped up filiming the video for rock the boat. Check it out below:


My favorite Aaliya video when it came to dance is "Are You that Somebody" of course I like the baby effect in the chorous too.

Bookmark and Share
2 comments
  1. Anonymous March 12, 2009 at 1:55 PM  

    There is no truth to the rumour whatsoever. Chante's manager has even said to Us Magazine that there was no biopic in the works. It's a hoax

  2. Anonymous March 14, 2009 at 8:56 PM  

    i think keisha chante is so pretty just like aaliyah it's so said what happen to her i love her so much and her music i hope the movie comes out great i only wish i could have met her but i was younger when that happen and i want to be just like her,i'm only 13 and i can sing me and my cousin and my favorite song is i miss you,i even put a picture of her on my backround on the computer,i hope keisha chante writes me back thanks good luck girl.i'm from louisiana by the way and my name is lekayla lashae duncan.thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails