First they say that he misappropriated Yele Haiti funds by paying himself and associates. He said yes he received money but he charged below market rates for services provided. Now according to Gawker Wyclef Jean is again being accused of having sticky fingers: they allege that a significant amount of Yele funds went to his assistant with whom he allegedly had an affair. Funny how it takes a major earthquake to get people digging for dirt eh. Read Wyclef's tweets about the matter below:



From Gawker.com:

Khatou-Chevassus is currently listed on Yele's web site as the organization's vice president. But according to five sources familiar with Yele's operations, in 2008 she served as Jean's personal assistant--working on his commercial endeavors as well as his charitable ones--and was involved romantically with the former Fugees star.


"She worked for Wyclef on all Wyclef matters," says one source who has worked with Jean in the past. "She did whatever Wyclef needed that day, whether it was related to Yele or not. She would do things like book flights, and she wasn't very good at it. It's a shame that she made that much money." The source said Khatou-Chevassus' salary amounted to more than three times what Suzie Sylvain, Yele Haiti's dedicated program director who is credited by many Yele Haiti insiders with actually keeping the organization running, was paid.


Jean has again come to his defense, this time on Twitter. Some of his tweets from Monday, March 15, include:

•When Donkeys spread rumors about me I dont Respond cause I'm the master that leads them to the Well to drink the Water. Yele haiti 4 life!
•I have been spending money n my country since I was a Fugees! why is it now after the Quake I am being Excuse! They fear I'm gaining ground
•And don't get it twisted! My Garage could fit half of the people on twitter why would I steal Charity Money! Your gotta come better den dat.

Source

Despite whatever fustration he is feeling, I still think Clef need to handle this with class. Bragging about how big your garge is doesn't help...for all these people accussing you know, is Yele Haiti money that pay for it. All I have to say is I see Wyclef putting in work in Haiti from time. Please keep in mind people when you donate to the Red Cross only 10% or so actually goes to Haiti...so why all this scrutiny on Wyclef. I'm not saying that if he did something wrong that it has to be swept under the table but why we trying to make him a scapegoat????

Bookmark and Share
0 comments
Related Posts with Thumbnails