Diddy is going to the hometown of his friend and greatest artist Notorious B.I.G. next week to celebrate Big's life and legacy at Brooklyn club the Lab.




"We're trying to make March 9th a national hip-hop holiday," Diddy told MTV News. "It already is, on the low. MTV is going to have a big special. We're doing a party. I'm going to Brooklyn. It's gonna be the first time I'm throwing a party in Brooklyn. I'm from Harlem. Everybody in Harlem knows you don't usually go over the bridge to Brooklyn. It's a big, big deal. Me being such a Harlemite, I'm going over there to pay respect to my man. It's gonna be a big party in Brooklyn with Mister Cee. It's a big day. It's a day to celebrate his life. It's a day to celebrate the life of the man. We done did the movie, the records. It's something that, I guess, as a label we're obsessed with: making sure people don't forget about this man in a positive way. March 9 is Biggie Day. ... Bump Biggie all day, feel good and positive."

Diddy also said that, unlike some of the more swank shindigs like his 40th birthday party, it is not a black-tie affair. You do have to be extra fly, though.

Read More on MTV News page (click)

Bookmark and Share
0 comments
Related Posts with Thumbnails