Kim with Junior M.A.F.I.A back in the day.
photo source
2 Years after his death Christopher Wallace, better known as Notorious B.I.G, Notorious or just B.I.G will come alive on the big screen. The movie Notorious, based on his life, will be released by Fox Searchlight on Jan. 16th.Angela Basset plays his mother Voletta Wallace while Derek Luke plays Sean Combs and Anthony Mackie stars as Tupac Shakur. Rapper Gravy, born Jamal Woolard, plays The Notorious B.I.G. The film also stars up and coming actors Antonique Smith as Faith Evans and Naturi Naughton (she used to be in 3LW) as `Lil Kim.

It was officially screening NY on Wednesday Jan 7th. Many of the persons portrayed in the movie were in attendance save for Lil Kim.Apparently she is not too happy about her portrayal in the movie.

See Trailer below:


Hip Hop Weekly Interview Except (from www.drewreports.com)


Lil Kim: Personally I would’ve never picked Gravy either, that’s not my baby as I knew him. I’m a realist. If he gave me that Biggie aura I would’ve been able to separate. But, there’s nothing that comes off of him that says; that’s Biggie to me. I know Biggie is like “come on, how they gone do me like that?” The only person who came close to who they portrayed in my opinion was the girl that Faith picked to play her. But again this is Faith’s story. I could never tell you what Faith and Biggie’s relationship was like so how in the hell can Faith or Ms. Wallace or anyone say what my relationship with Biggie was like?

HHW: What happened next?

LK: My lawyer told them they were going to have to do something, and in order to even use my likeness or my name they had to pay me. On top of that they got the writer to talk to me. I knew something was fishy about them having the writer call me, when I spoke to the writer I felt like he was trying to play me so I wouldn’t give up anything. I knew I wouldn’t have control of how I was depicted.

HHW: Did you tell them any other stuff they used?

LK: I corrected the writer about Biggie’s nickname for me. He had written that Biggie called me Big Momma. Biggie never called me Big Momma. As a matter of fact, he didn’t even like that name for me. He used to call me “Mookie” I told the writer that and he was like, “I didn’t know that.” I was like, “yeah, it’s a lot of things y’all don’t know ’cause y’all ain’t come and get the real from me. He even tried to get me to say things to go along with their story line, but I wasn’t having it, ’cause I peeped this bulls— from the beginning.

HHW: Did you see the King Magazine with Naturi on the cover?

LK: Yes

HHW: How did you feel about how she was made up to look like you?

LK: Although it was supposed to be a tribute to me, I didn’t like it because I didn’t feel like they captured the essence of that time period

HHW: Have you spoken with Faith and Ms. Wallace?

LK: No. Honestly, I don’t have no words for them. But, one thing I will say is, I’ve had enough and I’m about to expose them both. That’s it. I’ve been quiet for a long time. You don’t hear me talking about none of them, and to be honest with you I’m really disappointed in Faith. I remember a few years ago she did a magazine interview where she talked about having a lot of respect and love for me. She said, “Kim was Biggie’s girlfriend and I was Biggie’s wife,” and how that was hard for her to deal with. Then later on she writes a book and in it she tried to change it and say some stupid s— about how I was his jump off. I laugh at her because I remember years ago being in the studio with my then boyfriend at the time, ScottStorch . We’re in the studio, Faith was in another room and she called Scott’s phone and said “Oh Kim’s with you? Tell her I said hi and that I got love for her and hope that her and I can talk soon and be friends.” I was like “wow!” I thought that was really big, considering that I’m a woman who her husband was in love with. I felt like that was real big. Me and Scott even thought of doing a record with her, thinking about how big it would’ve been for hip hop and for the Biggie family. She even sent her daughter China, who I love and took care of sometimes down to me, and China was like, “I love you Kim and my mom told me to tell you she loves you and hi.” But, here we go years later, I guess the funds must be low; because somebody told Faith, “you gotta write a book and you gotta come at Kim in the book.” It shocked me, ’cause I thought we had come to some kind of unity. I thought it was really tasteless. She could never play poker because she already exposed her hand. Faith, you know me, I’m an extremist I go hard. Once I start I don’t stop. Why would you wake up this sleeping giant?

HHW: And, what about Ms. Wallace?

LK: There’s nothing Faith or Ms. Wallace could do to stop me from reppin’ B.I.G. all day. I’m gonna always do that. They want to talk about people exploiting Biggie, to me this is the worst way you could exploit his name; by disrespecting people who was around him who he had major love for. The truth is gonna be known. Like how a while back Ms. Wallace was on the radio talking about how we never mourned together and that she never knew me. It’s crazy ’cause she and I lived together in Biggie’s house for almost eight months after Biggie died. On top of all that, out of the kindness of my heart and the love I had for Biggie, I share five percent of my publishing with Ms. Wallace; just out of love, making sure that if I ate, she and the kids ate. And at the end of the day, this is how she repays me? It’s time for Ms. Wallace to be exposed.

HHW: Will you go see the movie when it comes out?

LK: Hell No! I might watch it on bootleg, for legal reasons. I don’t mess with Cease and them at all, but even they know this is not the real Biggie story. If they say something different, I ain’t mad, ’cause I know they’re rolling along for their little three minutes of fame, doing what they gotta do to hold on. I just want people to know, I have nothing to do with the film and I’m not supporting it. I’m Currently working on my life story where people will get the Naked Truth about Kimberly Denise Jones a/k/a Lil Kim.



Faith Evans to MTV News:

Evans said the magazine informed her of the quotes. "I got four kids, and I definitely don't have time for this type of sh--," she noted. "It's just sad. I don't know Kim's story like that. The part of my life that she was a part of, that what was in my book. This movie is not relative to my book other than that there are certain things in there. This is not my movie. I didn't write the script. Any characters in the film had to agree for their life rights to be in the movie. I don't think I would have signed anything had I felt I was not portrayed properly. I think she had the opportunity to do that. I could be mistaken. I wasn't there.

Faith Evans, the late rapper's wife claims to not see why she is so upset.

Faith has not figured out what Kim has up her sleeve with the threat to "expose" her and Ms. Wallace. "I don't think there's anything about me that I would be ashamed of that I haven't already told people," she said. "I hope she found the closure she's looking for."

Voletta Wallace to Essence Magazine

ESSENCE.COM: (Laughs.) Definitely. Is there something you discovered about your son and his legacy while watching the film?
WALLACE:
(Laughs.) I gained strength from it. There were things about him that I never knew that I wanted to see for myself on film. I saw a side of my son that I heard of but I haven’t accepted. I’m angered by certain things, disappointed and shocked. So this film taught me tolerance and to be less critical. I would love to speak to Lil’ Kim, because I need to ask more about this love relationship because I really didn’t like the way he treated her and I’m praying that that’s not it. Only she can answer those questions. She’s a sweet girl and I didn’t think she deserved to be treated the way he treated her, if that’s the case.

Bookmark and Share
0 comments
Related Posts with Thumbnails