Luciano Issues Statement

Posted by Ayeola | 4/02/2009 09:40:00 PM

The Lime has reported on two incidents that Jepther McClymont AKA Luciano AKA Jah Messenjah has been involved in of recent. Click HERE and HERE to catch up. He has issued a statement concerning his most recent incident. See below:


On Wednesday, March 25, 2009, a most unfortunate and regrettable incident took place at one of my properties which doubles as a home and studio. In their search for a person, three policemen were shot and injured and the person killed. I totally abhor such a gruesome and deadly act that occurred at my place, which is revered as a holy sanctuary. I extend mydeepest sympathies to all the families connected and deeply affected by this tragedy.

The incident has created great pain and discomfort for me personally, my family, friends and my fans, all over the world that have supported me as a conscious reggae artist over the years. I have always condemned violence and the use of force by anyone, and through my songs, I have always sought to promote peace, unity and social consciousness.

I will not be discussing the details of the case which is now before the courts because I do not wish to prejudice the case in one way or the other. I have a team of lawyers dealing with the matter and I have complete confidence in their ability to provide me with the best legal representation.

However, there are a few points which have unfortunately surfaced in the press that I would like to address.

1. I have never employed nor have I ever had any security detail around me. Like most reggae artist in Jamaica, and indeed in other places in the world, artistes have to deal with, a number of persons on a daily basis, some invited, others uninvited, who gather by one’s place of residence, recording studios, and/or performance centres. This is a challenge which most artistes are required to deal with and I am one of such.

2. I have never hired anyone ‘to watch my head back’ as have been reported. This is not only a figment of imagination of the perpetrators of this smear on my credibility, but is a total lie.

3.I have never in all my years in or outside of the music fraternity, knowingly harboured anyone involved in, or wanted by the security forces for crimes committed in or out of Jamaica.

4. At no point in time did I know that anyone visiting my home/studio had with
him or her, an illegal firearm or ammunition. I have always had an open door policy to people, whether I know them or not. Based on my recent experience, the danger of this open door policy has not escaped my attention.

5. The police never had to search for me. I went to them voluntarily. I have cooperated with the police every step of the way and only when my lawyers figured that my civil liberties were being violated that they did what they had to do to secure my release from detention. I have always cooperated with the police and will continue to do so.

6. I will continue to subject myself to the wishes of the court, and in this, I have been and will continue to be ably guided by my lawyers.

I wish to say a few words about the performance contractual commitments which I have coming up locally and internationally. I can understand the anxiety and concern of promoters and other persons who are involved in these promotional arrangements. My lawyers have informed me, that the allegation against me ought not to prevent me from being able to fulfill these obligations.

Brothers and sisters, the past few days have been extremely difficult and challenging for my family and me, particularly my children. This challenge is not over as the matter is now before the courts. With the guidance of my lawyers I will be doing everything duly required of me by the courts in my quest to prove my innocence. May the spirit of the Most High continue to guide and protect I and I. And I pray that the Lord will give me strength to face, another day, to make it along life’s road and carry my heavy load.

Jah Bless us all.

Love always
Your MessenJah

Source

There you go...straight from the man himself.

Bookmark and Share
0 comments
Related Posts with Thumbnails