Saturday 14th February, 2009 at the Hasely Crawford National Stadium. Lights! Camera! Action! The Alternative Concept 7, dubbed Heavenly Drums. However, immediately following a stellar performance by Shurwayne Winchester, Prestan, Mastamind, Maxi Priest & Y.O.U., I was witness to some not-so-heavenly behaviour by Mr. HD himself in the backstage area. "De boy" re-affirmed on Saturday why he could never get my respect as a man and oh how I wish I had a phone on me to capture some of the audio of what went down that night so that people can get a true taste of their "king of soca".

So let's start at the beginning. It was shaping up to be quite a fantastic night with performances from Ravi B, Nisha B & Karma, followed by Ventures featuring appearances by Tizzy and Richard Trumpet, Benjai, Skarface & Gailann. Next up, Shurwayne Winchester & Y.O.U. They were having a fantastic set in my opinion and I couldn't see anything that went wrong. During the performance Mr. HD was spotted having a time before his appearance on stage and all was well until one point in the set where the band started to play this popular dance/techno track. I can't remember the name now, but anyways. I stood observing as "de boy" stormed to the stage demanding that the performance be stopped. At this point I was like, "Ok then! More bacchanal."

So after the abrupt end to the Y.O.U. performance, I made my way to the backstage area to grab some refreshments and that's where the real show started. Mr. HD himself came storming demanding to see Mr. Winchester shouting, (and I quote) "Where Mr. Shurwayne Winchester? Where dat disrespectful p***y-hole?" He continued to hurl obscenities down the corridor until he finally caught up with the Y.O.U. head man. At that point he proceeded to verbally abuse his fellow bMobile endorser (and I quote again) "Dat is what yuh go do? Yuh go copy my f***in' ideas and do it before me? On my f***in' show? Yuh f***in' disrespectful! Yuh is ah disrespectful p***y-hole! Dat is what yuh go do? After I give yuh ah f***in' shot?!" He carried on with this for quite a couple minutes, yelling and cursing to Mr. Winchester's face, while the bigger man motioned to his band members to back off and leave Machel alone. Mr. Montano ended his rant saying "F***in' God will deal with allyuh!" One thing though, throughout his entire juvenile tantrum, he was smart enough to not lay a finger on his fellow artiste with his whole band standing there. Mr. Winchester showing true class, let him have his word until he was satisfied and simply gathered his troops and made his exit.

As I said, I wish I could give people more of a taste of their "king of soca" so that they can see the individual for what "it" truly is. The whole display was one that bothers me to this minute and will continue to bother me for some time. All of this cussing, carrying on, ranting and raving, for an idea that you claimed was stolen. A song that isn't even yours to begin with! While it may not have been pretty, I'm glad I was there. I've heard stories but it was quite enlightening to have experienced it first-hand. He called God's name in his rant (although it immediately followed an expletive) and I do truly hope that God blesses him to learn the error of his ways. He also needs to remember "What ain't meet yuh, ain't pass yuh." Carry on Mr. HD, carry on.

Soca swine


This happened on Valentine's Day. Can you just feel the love? If this was truly his song then I can understand the vexation, but that does not excuse the action.

Bookmark and Share
0 comments
Related Posts with Thumbnails