This past Saturday, Stone Love celebrated their anniversary as well as dolled out awards to several artists in the industry.
The coveted titles of Deejay of the Year Male and Female went to Vybz Kartel and D'Angel respectively, while Mavado was named Singjay of the Year.Best New Artiste, Male and Female went to Konshens and Pamputae respectively. The award for Singer of the Year wnt to Etana (Femaile) and Serani (Male), and Stone Love selector, Diamond was named Employee of the Year.

It was interesting to note that there was no award for Song of the Year. Not too sure the reason. Some reggae tunes I enjoyed this year include: Etana "Don't Forget", Tarrus Riley "Far Away", Richie Stephens "Come to Jamaica", Gyptian "I can Feel Your Pain", Tifa "Bottom of De Barrell", Busy Signal "Tic-Toc", Serani "No Games", Mavado "I'm So Special", ya...I could go one and on as you can see my list is all encompassing, sometimes I just like the beat and the melody ....those are just a few of the songs I'm digging. I could go on and on..


Bookmark and Share
0 comments
Related Posts with Thumbnails