Greetings! My loyal readers. Yes, indeed Christmas has past and I spent it home with the family. Love you but I absolutely enjoyed watching "Cold Case Files","Law and Order" and "What Not to Wear" marathons, in between stuffing myself with fruit cake ( there are just so many versions!!! sinful!!!), sorrel, ginger beer, ham and a host of local delicacies. I did succumb to guilt, and had a two hour workout on Boxing Day! Whew!

I just took the holiday as another day to just give thanks for all my blessings. I wish the best for you all in 2009, especially the youth of the region. Right now there is a serious lack of respect in society for any kind of rules, regulation or authority. Too many young people are out there committing senseless acts with no regard for the sanctity of life. Just yesterday a childhood friend of mine was stabbed in the chest because he confronted someone who shot him twice with a pellet gun. So now you can't even tell somebody they wronged you? This boy's life could have been gone in an instant had they hit him in the left and not the right side. And over what???? Bullshit. (Taking a breath). Yeah I'm pretty disgusted about that. But I still have hope.

I really would like to implore to artists to be more positive with your lyrics. Yes I believe in freedom of expression, I can listen to a "gangsta" type song and not necessarily want to go out there and emulate the artist, but young kids, especially boys really buy into that image and lifestlye. Parents too need to play their part. I go out and see high school kids in fetes where I feel grown folks should be. My first night in a club was when I was in college. I dunno, kids just growing up too fast these days. And its funny, cause I'm sure the same was said about my generation when we were kids. Life is a cycle, you know. Wow, O.K I was talking about Christmas right? Well lets just carry the spirit with us to 2009 and "Bring Back The Love!"

01Bring Back The Love_Marlon Asher,GailAnn & Dainjamental.mp3

Bookmark and Share
0 comments
Related Posts with Thumbnails