photo source
So I was in the streets of Roseau Dominica taking my last little foot behind WCK when I just hearing cheers from the front. Of course yes I had to see what was causing the commotion (its the journalist in me wink, wink). Everyone is glued to a TV on an upstairs restaurant balcony (here's a shameless plug House of Bar-B-Q) it's the results. They are counting the results from the American election. Dang they weren't even done, you would think Obama had won. But seriously though even though he had never received the 338 electoral votes or the 52 percent of the popular vote, 47 year old Barack Obama would still be a winner in my eyes, and those of the revellers on the streets of Roseau , and the Joe Plumers and Betty Sues and Taqueisha's and whoever else saw a piece of them in him.

Now is time for hard work. I'm not looking for any miracles from Obama. I just want him to be real, use commonsence and good judgement and never lose sight of the people who helped him secure this position. On January 20th we will again witness history when he is swon in as the FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!!!!

John McCain gave a wonderfully moving concession speech which funny enough if he was like that throughout he may have done much better. He was so believeable.. Anyways he will remain in the senate, while his running mate Sarah Palin, returns to Alaska as governor.

Bookmark and Share
0 comments
Related Posts with Thumbnails