Did not get Press Credentials for this years fest, but I was a volunteer Liaison Officer for get this, The Press! Its cool, it got me backstage and I was able to meet all the performers as well as take these photos below. Overall it was a good event. There is room for improvement. As Ophelia said, she should not be the only female headlining the show. Suggestion: Emeline Michel. She is AWESOME. Umm sorry but I was not feeling Tabou Combo (seemed too monotonous) But then again some may beg to differ. I can say though if patrons did not like one artist they liked another. So Dancehall lovers got Sean Paul, Soca Madheads like me got Machel, Reggae Lovers got Nasio, Bouyon Fans got WCK, Triple Kay, MFR, African soukous lovers got Olivier N'Goma and his dancers --talk about snake oil!!! Of course it is the World CREOLE Music Festival so Belles Combo, Kassav, Carimi, Tabou Combo, Djakout Mizik, Julie Mourillon, Jeff Joseph, Midnight Groovers and Opehelia filled the gap. Oh and dont forget Calypso. Backed by Swinging Stars King Dice, Hunter, Lord Tokyo, Scrunter and Daddy Chess Rocked the Crowd. Gosh I hope I didnt forget anyone. Any artist that does not have a pic...I guess they could take it as a compliment cause I was probably rockin' out. And my French Press who I liaised for zor tay bon....mwen kay we'w anay prochain...of course my creole sucks I spell like it sounds...Im sure they'll get it.
BTW you can register at www.partyaccess.net to see more pics!

Friday October 31st




Saturday November 1st




Sunday November 2nd



Les Martiniquaises


Bookmark and Share
0 comments
Related Posts with Thumbnails