I love this article on Grace Jones written by Simon Hattenstone for Gardian UK. It's fun quirky, honest and gives (me any way) a fascinating look at the beast and woman that is Grace Jones. She gave some very direct responses to his questions from her sex life, to musical collaborations.

Photo source

Asked if Lady Gaga and other acts asked to collaborate with her:

"I just don't play with other acts as a rule," she says, with rare discretion.

What does she think of her? "I really don't think of her at all. I go about my business."

Has she copied her? "Well, you know, I've seen some things she's worn that I've worn, and that does kind of piss me off."

Is she talented? "I wouldn't go to see her."

So, did she ask to play with her? "Yes, she did, but I said no. I'd just prefer to work with someone who is more original and someone who is not copying me, actually."

Of what is she most proud? "My son," she says instantly. Paolo is a member of her band, and the product of her relationship with Goude.-

Has she had relationships only with men? "I love women, but I've never had a relationship with a woman. Having a threesome is fun, but never a relationship. I like to experiment, and as an actress I always thought it's good to be open about a lot of things."

Did her mother and father ever tell her they were proud? "Yes. It took a while. The thing is, as leaders in the church, they were pressured by everyone else to shun me........My dad had become a bishop, and I found out he was carrying pictures of me in his wallet, showing off quietly.

It's a really good piece...please read by clicking HERE!

Bookmark and Share
0 comments
Related Posts with Thumbnails