Yow..I must admit I was one of those 'media reports' posting info that Jah Cure was arrested in Trinidad. Now this is a lesson in not doing things in a rush eh. I usually would have comment and said my two cents (which of course in this case would have been that I hope this was wrong etc, afterall I am a fan) but shit I was in a rush so I just put the basics. Imagine today in my Communications class the topic was journalists and their code of ethics. Anyway long story short according to The Nation Newspaper (Barbados), his publicist explained the circumstances of Jah Cure's accompaniment by police to the local station. (See full article below)





JAH CURE'S PUBLICIST says he was never arrested, despite recent media
reports of the SoBeEntertainment/ Danger Zone recording artiste having a stint
in a Trinidad jail.
"Jah Cure's trip to Trinidad and Tobago was not without incident. On Saturday, November 7, while staying at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Port-of-Spain, Jah Cure was greeted by police officers along with the promoter who claimed that Jah Cure owed him money," read the statement from his publicist Alykhat.
The promoter with whom Jah Cure had worked in the past was in
negotiations with the artiste for another performance but negotiations had
broken down, he added.
"In order to settle the matter, Jah Cure and members of his management team accompanied the promoter and the police to a nearby police station where the promoter's deposit was returned. "The artiste was not arrested as reported by some media outlets and was able to fulfil his confirmed date at Guaracara Park on the same night. Jah Cure performed to over 10 000 people."



Jah Cure is now home in Jamaica preparing for his upcoming
dates in St Kitts, Barbados and Grenada. (MS)




I am glad that this got taken care of. After his stint in prison, I think that is the last place Jah Cure would want to end up, without good cause anyway. Aight well that's it for now. As usual I will update with any changes, seen.

Bookmark and Share
0 comments
Related Posts with Thumbnails