In an exclusive interview with Galmour Magazine, Rihanna talks about her ordeal with Chris Brown and life in general since being signed by Rap Superstar Jay-Z.



Photo source



Here is a snippet from the interview:



Glamour: Let’s talk about this past year—you’ve obviously been
through some difficult things. How did the people around you help you cope?
Rihanna: My friends and family have been extremely
supportive, and everyone has been there for me. But at some point you are there
alone. It’s a lonely place to be—no one can understand. That’s when you get
close to God.



Glamour: Are you referring to the [Chris
Brown] incident?
Rihanna: I am talking about starting with
the night [before] the Grammys and then on. That was not the only thing that
occurred this year. The picture leaking…it was one thing after another.



Glamour: You’re talking about the photo [reportedly of
Rihanna’s injured face taken by police after Brown assaulted her] that was
allegedly leaked by cops. You handled that so well; you kept silent in the
press.
Rihanna: It was humiliating; that is not a photo you
would show to anybody. I felt completely taken advantage of. I felt like people
were making it into a fun topic on the Internet, and it’s my life. I was
disappointed, especially when I found out the photo was [supposedly leaked by]
two women.



Glamour: How has this event changed you as a
person, as a woman?
Rihanna: I’m stronger, wiser and more
aware. You don’t realize how much your decisions affect people you don’t even
know, like fans.



Glamour: Do you think you’ve gotten your
strength from your mom?
Rihanna: Definitely. My mom gave us
the tools to survive…. My parents separated when I was eight or nine. I helped
her raise my [youngest] brother, because my mom was working all the time. He’s
my favorite.



Glamour: Do you feel that this experience has
laid the groundwork for coping with anything so public again?
Rihanna: It has taught me so much. I felt like I went to
sleep as Rihanna and woke up as Britney Spears. That was the level of media
chaos that happened the next day. It was like, What, there are helicopters
circling my house? There are 100 people in my cul-de-sac? What do you mean, I
can’t go back home?






Click HERE to see the cover and behind the scenes pics!

Bookmark and Share
0 comments
Related Posts with Thumbnails