Ok so there was this award show in Houston this past weekend. IT's called the Ozone Awards. Call me naive or whatever, but I honestly thought it has something or the other to do with the environment. I soon found out I could not be more off base. So in listening to 97.9 The Box, I find out that Lil Wayne is performing. At a green award show??? Hmm, Imma have to look this up. Aight, so eventually I find out its an award show put on by Ozone Magazine. This is the third year and Houston is the third city (previous two were Miami and Atl) in as many years.



My girl CherisseSimone and I got a hook up and headed of to the Hilton de Americas Hotel in Downtown Houston to "network" so our friend J Raymond left us in the Hand of Malik who works for Ozone mag. Allu all I seeing is grills and ice and EVERYBODY on their hustle! So it was nice to see someone from the region representing. But allu why I make a mistake so many of us Islander make when we meet "one of us". We tend to assume because we fellow islanders we are endeard to the other person and they gonna automatically be looking out for us. Let's just say I got the cold shoulder. It's too sad how people can forget where they came from eh. So here are some pics from the Hotel (I guess I'm not annonymous anymore....g'damn)


J Raymond and Lil Twist (Lil Wayne Protege)


Lil Twist and Ayeola AKA Sourpuss


Malik from Ozone Mag and Cherissesimone

Malik and Ayeola
Micha and Ashland of Sobe Live (South Beach, Miami). Their website bigging up the Reggae scene with Jah Cure and Jr Reid's Hot Long Time! Check them out during Miami Carnival weekend for annual carnival events!
Everybody at the hotel was there to get someone to cop their music or give them a break in one way or the other. We had no clue who anybody was!!! That shit was so funny. The most "networking" we did was talk to the Sobe Live crew.

So anyway we went to TI's party at Bar Rio, more gettoness (don't knowif that is a word) a set of loud music, more grills, more ice and I was hearing English but when you hear it sounded like a foreign language to me. Traffic was crazy (I know some Metro drivers were just cursing dem under their breath), getting in was crazy, parking was crazy (it was like a black market VIP parking went from $50 to $80 to $100 in a matter of mins). Well since we weren't starving for TI or that hot mess of a party we dig out.

....And we ended up at Bryan Michael Cox Party at Vogue. This guy has produced some of the hottest RnB songs out there ("Burn " Usher, "Where's The Party At?" Jagged Edge feat Nelly, "Just Be A Man"about it Toni Braxton, "Bounce Wit Me" Bow Wow) check out his official site where you can listen to his work!!!! Now back to the party: Waaaaaaaayyyy better atmosphere. Less people, great DJ (didn't even get his name) it was just us girls drinking and having a time! Here's some pics:




Chris, Elayne, Cherissesimone



Boo, Elayne (our lady in Aqua wants to be annonymous)



RnB Singer Bryan, Cherissesimone




Ayeola and Bryan Michael Cox


Slim Thug and Cherissesimone


Representing Martell Music :Dre and Pimp Game Shane

Producer Rello



DJ/Producer B Major


Now are these shoes banging or what!!! UnfortunatelyI had to retire mine. Wooden soles hurt like a mofo!!!!


Was not too interested in going to the awards show which took place Monday. I missed the Trae/Mike Jones incident which is basically a bunch of needless hating on Trae's part. Not even posting a video here- that's how much I care about that little story. There was a group that performed there from the VI ...still trying to find out who they were!


All in all I had fun Sunday night! And of course I will cover theOzone awards if the opportunity presents itself again, but that side of the hip hop scene....definitely not my style...Too each his own right!!!!

Bookmark and Share
0 comments
Related Posts with Thumbnails