Ok Guys so I have been getting some mixed reviews about last night's Miss Universe Pageant. For me it was aight. So let's start with the location. During the show there were some gorgeous shots of Vietnam. It is a really beautiful country. I know that show is a definite plus for their tourism product. Here is a shot of (Ha Long Bay- a World Heritage Site) one of the many sites the delegates visited.

photo source

One Caribbean Representative made it to the top 5 ( Marianne Cruz Gonzalez)......Go Dominican Rebulic!!!!!!! I still wish Trini had at least made it that far.



photo source

Robin Thicke is tooo sexy, so anywhere I hear his voice is a plus for me!!! His song "Magic" from the album Something Else was used as background music in the evening wear conpetition. photo source

So here is the crowning moment which was another highlight of the show. Miss Venezuela wins!!!!! Congrats to 22 year old Dayana Mendoza who takes over from Miss Japan Riyo Mori. The first runner up was Columbia (Talina Vargas)(who I wanted to win) followed by Dominican Republic (Marianne Cruz Gonzalez), then Russia (Verna Krasova) and finally Mexico (Elisa Najera).








Miss Universe 2008 Crowning Moment www.LaBarbacoa.com
Uploaded by LaBarbacoa

The hosts for the show were Jerry Springer and Mel B. For me they were ok choices. Some felt that it was in poor taste what with all the characters on his show etc. Personally when I think of Jerry Springer I think of the endearing old man on Dancing with the Stars. And even on his show he was the voice of reason and sanity so for me he was aight.

photos source



Mel B rocks!!!! If Supermodels (Elle Mcpherson and Naomi Campbell) can co-host the pagent then a former Spice Girls should be no exception!!!


photo source


LOWLIGHTS????
I'm sorry but I so was not feeling Lady Gaga who performed "Just Dance" during the swimwear competition. I was not feeling her latex leather or her stiff dance moves ......and speaking of dance were her backup dancers creepy or what????? That performance was painful to watch (at least live anyway) Here it is below and when the pain starts creeping in, feel free to hit pause.















Ok this one, is a lowlight but a highlight in a sense due to all the coverage it's getting. Ms USA fell during the evening wear competition. My friend said she represents the US economy (LOL). I like the way she recovered herself though. During the swimwear event she stepped on her scarf and I thought then she was gonna fall. I think she maybe was telling herself "don't fall", don't fall", don't fall" and you know what happens when we say shit like that.












Miss universe falls again 2008 www.LaBarbacoa.com
Uploaded by LaBarbacoa
Miss Thailand (Gavintra Photijak) won the best costume category based on votes received online. I personally preferred Mexico's.
photo source






Bookmark and Share
0 comments
Related Posts with Thumbnails