Tongues are really wagging right now about Jamelody, a Trinidadian Reggae/RnB Crooner, who in a recent interview with Sunday Gleaner, in some peoples opinion "dissed" soca music. Out of the entire interview which is the typical, how did you get into music --who influenced you --what do you want to achieve, interview; the quote in question is "I didn't grow up in that lifestyle with carnival. The vibe they put into the music (soca) make no sense. You wouldn't want your child to be singing that. I rather listen a song that my youths can relate to."

I personally understand that he was a bit sheltered as a child, growing up Seventh -day adventist, and soca wasn't his thing. To me though, it was apoor choice of words...All soca is not crap, even humorous soca like those of Sparoww and Crazy serve their purpose. How can soca be bad when it's just asking revellers to show national pride and jump and wave and burn some calories.....OH by the way Jamelody not all reggae is elevated. I just have two words for you ::"passa, passa".

Bookmark and Share
0 comments
Related Posts with Thumbnails