I want to extend my deepest condolences to the family of Alton Desiree who went missing in Brazil, especially his beautiful wife Susan.

Alton was recruited by the CBS reality show Survivor to work as a crewman after his hard work and skills were observed during his tenure on the set of Pirates of the Caribbean II and III which were shot in Dominica.

After returning home to Loubiere from a trip to Africa, Alton reconnected his love with his wife. According to details from local newspaper The Chronicle, his wife "did not want him to go when the time came. I held his hand even while he was in the departure lounge not wanting him to go...he came out giving me a hig and then went back in but returned again before returning to board his flight."'

He departed on the 9th and Susan had not heard from him which was unusual. She went on to tell the paper how she used her mind to communicate with him but somehow they just could not make contact. After several uneasy nights at home she finally got a call on the 15th. Instead of hearing the voice of the man she loved over the phone, it was a lady. A woman telling her that Alton had gone swimming and never surfaced. Susan collapsed. After an hour the woman called back to confirm that he had been found and he was dead. Now he leaves to mourn his wife and three children.

My eyes just welled up with tears when I read this in the paper. My mom told me the day I arrived in Dominica. She said she was coming from a funeral and saw alot of vehicles at their residence. I remember her introducing me to him in 2002 at the World Creole Music Festival. She seemed so happy and indeed, till his death he was her joy. My heart goes out to Susan, I have no idea the kind of pain you feel but the love you had is the love that we all seek so I know losing Alton is not an easy thing. I hope one day that you can find joy in the knowledge that you spent that precious time with him and that every time you look in your daughter Bijoux's eyes you will see her daddy!

Bookmark and Share
0 comments
Related Posts with Thumbnails