ya'll are gonna think I'm just making this ish up but I was on Berklee College of Music site yesterday doing some research and I was reading the who's who of entertainers who went to the school. Quincy Jones is in the class of '51, and Kevin Eubanks who played Bass on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno graduated inf '79, Juan Luis Guerra made the class of '82 and John Mayer class of 98. So I was saying to myself, short of John Mayer, most of the people on the list whose names I recognized graduated decades ago as in 20 plus years. So I was thinking to myself who am I gonna see on TV one of these days and find out they are a very recnt Berklee graduate? And wham Wyclef Jean announces that he is going to Berklee.

Photo source

Well actually he did it before I went on the site, (at the Congressional Black Caucus Phoenix Awards in Washington DC actually)but that was just so serendipitous , if that is the word, lol. I love it when someone walks the talk, man. Good luck Wyclef I know you are gonna make a big impact on more than just the school.

According to Clef:

"I am enrolling in Berklee College in Boston to get my bachelor's degree in music! That's how important education is to me. I plan to work with Rev. Sharpton because that's how important stressing the importance of education to children is to me."




And check him out in this video below. He is doing a photo shoot for Western Union for his upcoming gift card for the holidays to benefit Yele Haiti.

Bookmark and Share
0 comments
Related Posts with Thumbnails