Aight, so I went to Altantic with my friends on Sunday and the vibe was nice.


Now this was at SugarMan's Beach and this is 'Gaza' territory so-to-speak or so I was told rather. The party was organized by and was promoting Vybz' Rum Street Vybz


This was prominently displyed, there was one with the model's face cut out so patrons (ladies I hope) could pose with Vybz

The drink mixes were off the chain, and there were enough things going on to keep patrons occupied-body painting, mechanical bull riding, Street Vybz and Suppligen,Street Vybz and Red Bull, sand, swings, ocean, jerk chicken, and more Vybz rum to wash it down. Sounds like a nice time right? Well it basically was but something occurred which just prompted me to write this post.

Nuff mixes-- they were named after Vybz Kartel songs.


Like I said--there was lots to do..

Aight so this DJ named Ice from Zip FM, played a Mavado dubplate. Now 75% of the music was Vybz Kartel and Portmore Empire etc, no one minded of course cause they were all fans, ya feel me. Well after a couple seconds of the tune (sorry I forgot which one-too much Vybz in mi system maybe) music stop and he start talking about how he play all music and basically that he not gonna be bias ray, ray, ray, rah, rah, rah. The thing that impressed me was that the host of the event (or maybe it was another DJ) said nah man it's your turn..come back and play. Which he did do-sans any Mavado.

Ok. I said all this to ask: Should Ice have played Mavado, knowing the current beef, and even if he dispelled that, knowing that this was a Vybz Kartel event? Or is it petty of those close to the DJ area to comment to the point where the DJ stops playing. It's just music right???

I want to add to that no one in the crowd booed or complained or anything so I assumrf DJ Ice heard complaints close to him. Some sites state his was paged. His first song was Alison Hinds and Machel so you know I loved him instantly... by the time things wound down...it got a bid dry as some newer songs I didnt really know were playing...

I had a good time for the most part and watching some people ride the bull was umm interesting...lol...Click HERE for all the action...

ya and I had to add her pic...best swimsuit in the house..classy and oh so sexy. Luv it!

Big up to Anyweh.com for the pics!!!

Bookmark and Share
0 comments
Related Posts with Thumbnails